This is an analysis of the poem Villégiature that begins with:
C’est moi seul que je veux charmer en écrivant
Les rêves bienheureux que me dicte le vent,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXXX XXXXXa a XXXXXX bXXccXXddXbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,6,1,6,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111110110 1110011101 110111110011 011111001111 11011110111 010010111011 110110110011 1100111100100 1011100101 110111111110 11111111110111 110101101 0111101101 1111101101 11111101 111011111111 101101011100 1110111101100 01101010 10101111 11101110001 1010111011 110011010111 01010111010 11111101101 1100111110 111001111100 1011011101 111 111111110 1110111111011 11111101 11011111111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 302
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; que, le, je, e, et, les, de, la, aux are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word les is repeated.
The author used the same word et at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines re, s are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Villégiature;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.