This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet À Mme De M. that begins with:
Ignorante ou plutôt dédaigneuse des maux
Et des perversités, vous sachant hors d’atteinte,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXa XXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 100111011 11100110110 110011110110 10011111110 11110111011 110100011101 01111111101 11111110110011 1111100101 1101010111 11001011111001 11101111110 01111111101 1111111011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word pas at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet À Mme De M.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Charles Cros
- Analysis of Sonnet À Mme Fanny A. P.
- Analysis of Sonnet À Mme S. C.
- Analysis of Sonnet À Mme S. De F.