This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet D'Oaristys that begins with:
Tu me fis d'imprévus et fantasques aveux
Un soir que tu t'étais royalement parée,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11110110010 1111110001 11110101110 11001101010 11011111111 110110111 1111111110 1100110111 100110110011 110100111010 11010011 111111101 011011010 110111100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 158
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; tu, e, tes, la, de are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word tes is repeated.
The author used the same word tu at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet D'Oaristys;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.