This is an analysis of the poem Résipiscence that begins with:
Celle qui m’apparaît, quand j’ai clos mes yeux las,
Tricote un bas de laine. Elle a des bandeaux plats,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110011111111 101101101101 10111011010 110110110100 1110110010 11101100101 011001101010 1011011011 101000111110 11110111100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 463
- Average number of words per stanza: 92
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; d is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines es is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Résipiscence;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.