This is an analysis of the poem Indignation that begins with:
J’aurais bien voulu vivre en doux ermite,
Vivre d’un radis et de l’eau qui court....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaaa XXbX XXaX cXbX XcXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011011110 111010111 11011110111 1111010101 1011111010 1011010011 1111110 111111110101 01111111 111010100 1111011010 111011110 11111111 110101011 10110101110 111111010 11110111110 10100111111 1101011110 11001011000 11111010010 11001101 1011111110 1110001110 1111111100 11111010110 111111111010 1101101010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 158
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; aux, dans, de are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word j is repeated.
The author used the same word j at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines court, re are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Indignation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.