This is an analysis of the poem Vers Burlesques À Monsieur De Niel that begins with:
Gentil-homme de maison noble,
Qu’en noble ville de Grenoble...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXXXXXXXXbXXXXXXXXXXXXcbXXXXXXaabbXcXXXXdXXXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 48,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 11010010 11110111 1010011 1110101 11110 11111100 11111100 10111100 1111011 11110 1010101 01011110 11010111 100101010 1000101 1011100 1111110 111011100 11101001 101000110 110010110 11111111 1111110 101111010 11011110 10111110 11101101 1110111 11111110 111111110 11111110 11110100 111011000 11100101 1111011 1010111 1001100 1111010 11111000 10111101 110111111 10000110 0101010 1001011 11110111 1101111 10111010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1495
- Average number of words per stanza: 296
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; que, grand, n, trop are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word que is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines s, e, avoir are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vers Burlesques À Monsieur De Niel;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.