This is an analysis of the poem Clepsydra that begins with:
WHY, let is run! who bids it stay?
Let us the while be merry; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdefefdgdghihijijikdkdididXfdflflfdddddddd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 48,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 1101010 11010101 0101010 1110101 1011010 11011111 1101010 11111101 1101110 1101011001 1011010 0111001011 0100110 11110101 1101010 11111111 1110010 11010111 1101010 11111101 11011010 111010001 0101110 11011101 1101010 11010101 1111010 11011011 0101110 11001101 1100110 01000111 0100010 11111101 0101010 10010001 1101110 110101101 1111010 11010101 1100010 10010101 1101010 11011101 0101010 1001111 0101010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1580
- Average number of words per stanza: 297
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Clepsydra;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.