This is an analysis of the poem The Genius Of The Crowd that begins with:
there is enough treachery, hatred violence absurdity in the average
human being to supply any given army on any given day...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX bcd edc fXdgbfhijXhhaa ejgeeXhbbfegbjb eXhiX b Xb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,3,3,14,15,5,1,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 100110010100010000100 1010001101010110101 1011101111010 1011111111 1011110011111 111111 11111111 11111111 01010 01010 0111111101 01111001100 11100 011101 1111001 011111010 1101011111 011111011 111001 0101001010010 0111110100 1100 110100110 1001100110011 011000 110101 11010101 1001001101 110011 110100011 1011011 100101101010 101010001 110100110 100111001 111011 11100001 101010 101 1010 1010 111 1101 01011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 177
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; who, preach, those, peace, beware, they, their, like are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, those, beware, not, they, like are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines average, solitude, art are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Genius Of The Crowd;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.