This is an analysis of the poem Sway With Me that begins with:
sway with me, everything sad -
madmen in stone houses...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaabXcaXddXEEEcXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011011 100110 011 1010111 110010 01 10111 101101 111101 11110 11011 111 111 111 01101 101101 111 10010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 362
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 19 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; used is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words used, i are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines you is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sway With Me;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.