This is an analysis of the poem On Going Back To The Street After Viewing An Art Show that begins with:
they talk down through
the centuries to us,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcXdc edaXbcfcXbcXXffe Xf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,16,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 010001 1011111 011110 0111 11101 1011 1111 10101010 0101 1100110101 11101111 1110010010 10101 1010100 111101 010001001 10 0110 1100 101000111 10 1010101 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 191
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On Going Back To The Street After Viewing An Art Show;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.