This is an analysis of the poem Gamblers All that begins with:
sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think,
I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaabXXcXc XXXddeX bbae ffX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,7,4,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01111010010111 1110011011101 010010111111 1100111110111 001011111111111101 10011110110 1100101010101011 11111111001100101 110010110001011 111011101101 10101101011011111 010111110101011011 1101110101101 1101011011111010 11101001 11110111100 110111101100 1011101001001101 01001111101111 1111 00011110 111101 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 298
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, oh, my, your, and, days, so are repeated.
The author used the same word you at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Gamblers All;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.