This is an analysis of the poem Confession that begins with:
waiting for death
like a cat...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXb cd edafgfg cah adeij kkkejh eelb blkmmbXik
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,2,7,3,5,6,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011 101 10110 1 11110101 11 1010 1 1 10 1011 10 01 1001 11 10 01111 101011 100 10 10 110 101 1 1101 10 010 10010 100 01 1010 101 1 11010 1 110 1 11 1
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 52
- Average number of words per stanza: 10
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 11 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 2
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Confession;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.