This is an analysis of the poem The Owls that begins with:
Among the black yews, their shelter,
the owls are ranged in a row,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacdXceededb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01011110 0111001 110010001 011110110 1110110 11101010 1100101 011110 111001 0100101 1101110 1111111 11010100 10100111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 437
- Average number of words per stanza: 76
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Owls;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.