This is an analysis of the poem The Springtime Plains that begins with:
Heart of me, are you hearing
The drum of hoofs in the rains?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcabdefcXeghfhbdggXcafbeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1011110 0101001 10011111 101001 1110100111 100110101 101101 011111 110110101 1010111010 100110101 10101001 10111001 110110111 1101011001 10110101 1010100101 101111101 101101 1110111 1011100101 10110101 11010111 1001001001 00101011111 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 926
- Average number of words per stanza: 179
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Springtime Plains;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.