This is an analysis of the poem The Outlaw that begins with:
When my rope takes hold on a two-year-old,
By the foot or the neck or the horn,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXbXbcacaXaXaXdXdcbcbcXXXaXdXcXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 36,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111110111 101101101 1111110111 111111111 1011110111 10100111 1111101111 11101101 101001101001 101001001 11001001001 11111101 1111111111 11110001 1111110111 10101111 1111110101 1110111 11101011001 11100111 101001101001 101101001 11100110111 11101001 10101110111 1110101 1111110101 11100111 1111111111 111001010 0110110101 101001010 101001111001 11111111 10111001001 11111010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1457
- Average number of words per stanza: 309
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, man, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Outlaw;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.