This is an analysis of the poem The Old Camp Coffee-Pot that begins with:
Old camp-mate, black and rough to see,
A hard-worked aid and ally you...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXbcdd ccbccbXX ceaceadd fgdfgdcc hhehhedd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101 01111101 01110101 010101010 11110101 11010111 110001001 11011101 11010101 11011101 10111101 01010101 01010101 011101001 111111110 111101010 11001111 01010101 11011101 01110101 11011111 11000101 11110101 10111101 11010101 01010001 01110101 01011101 011100101 11011001 11010111 01110100 110111111 11110111 11111111 11010111 11111111 110100101 11010101 01111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 276
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, what, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, what are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Old Camp Coffee-Pot;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.