This is an analysis of the poem The Free Wind that begins with:
I went and worked in a drippin' mine
'Mong the rock and the oozin' wood,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdXdbbXbefecfdfdfdbdbbeXXegeegefefhdhdbabacicci
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 51,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100101 10110101 10101100101 1111100 1111110111 1110101 1110110111 1111101 101010011 1100101 1011110101 1011111 001111101 1110111 1110100111 1111100101 1110111 111100101 10100101 101011011 1111111 101011111 1011111 1111011101 1110111 101010111 111101 111110111 00100101 11111001010 1111111 01010101010 00111101010 10111101 111100101 1011101 111110101 1111111 101110111 1010101 11110100101 1010101 101010111 1100111 0010100111 10111101 1111100101 1111111 101110101 101011001 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1963
- Average number of words per stanza: 394
- Amount of lines: 51
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, my, wind are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Free Wind;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.