This is an analysis of the poem Deslumbramentos that begins with:
Mylady é perigoso contemplá-la
Quando passa aromática e normal,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX bXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001000101 10101000110 11100110010 1110011010 11100101100 101010011100 1100111000 11001001000 1110110101100 11110001100 01111110010 11110011010 110110011100 111100111 100101011000 101010101001 11010001010 10011001100 110101100 110100110110 11101011010 1100111001001 1011011000 110010111100 11011101100 111111011101 110100011000 1100101001100 11010010010010 110010010 111001011010 11010100110 101010011110 1101001101 11101000101 10010010110 111010101100 1110110111000 11011010000 11000100110
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; e, de, como, um, os are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word com is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Deslumbramentos;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.