This is an analysis of the poem Cinismos that begins with:
Eu hei-de lhe falar lugubremente
Do meu amor enorme e massacrado, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101000 11101011000 10110110111 1010111101000 1011011110 111011101000 10101111010 1100010110110 1011010010 10100111000 11010011010 110111100100 110101010111000 1011010000 110101010000 1110101010100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 100
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; lhe, e, o, de are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word e is repeated.
The author used the same word hei at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cinismos;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.