This is an analysis of the poem Maker Of Heaven And Earth (All Things Bright And Beautiful) that begins with:
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bbXb acdc efXf geee Xfgf Xada
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100 110111 1111100 011101 11010110 110111 1111010 111101 0110010 011101 1101110 110101 0101010 010101 0111010 110101 0110010 010101 0110010 1101001 0110011 011111 0101010 1101001 1111010 111111 1101010 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; all, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words all, each, he, the are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Maker Of Heaven And Earth (All Things Bright And Beautiful);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.