This is an analysis of the poem Queixumes that begins with:
Olho e vejo... tudo é gala,
Tudo canta e tudo fala,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXXXB aXXXXXXB XXXXXXXB aaXXXXXB XXXXXaXB XXXXXXXB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101010 101011010 1100 111100 10111111 1011100 11101100 1111 111101010 01011100 1110 1100 1100110 110110110 110011000 1111 10111110 1111100 110 1010 1011100 111001000 10110100 1111 111110010 1111010 10111 1100 1110100 10100110 10010100 1111 11010110 1001111 1100 1100 1000100 11110110 1011000 1111 1110110 1001100 1110 1100 10010010 1110100 11100100 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 170
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; tudo, as are repeated.
The author used the same word ai at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines as is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ti at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Queixumes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.