This is an analysis of the poem The Autumn Wind that begins with:
HUSH, moaning autumn wind! be still, be still! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcbcddX adadddX ededddX aeaedda fgfgdda hihidd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,7,7,7,7,7,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1 1101010101 1101100101 1111010101 11011100101 1111101101 1001110101 1 1101011101 1001001101 0111010101 1011110001 1111010001 0101110101 1 1111010101 1011101111 1011110001 01011100001 11011100111 1011110101 1 1111011111 1111010001 1111010101 1101110101 1101010001 0111110101 1 1011011101 0011000101 0111110101 10110010101 1011011101 1111110101 1 1001011101 11010001101 1011000101 1111110111 1011110011 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Autumn Wind;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.