This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Xviii that begins with:
SINCE in the pleasant time of opening flowers
That flow'r, Her life, was doom'd to fade away,-- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcddedebb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 100101010010 1101110101 10111101010 1101010101 100010111001 1101011111 1110011100 1101000101 1111110101 1101011101 1101110101 1110010101 11011010001 100101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 659
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Xviii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Caroline Elizabeth Sarah Norton
- Analysis of The German Student’s Love-Song
- Analysis of The Faithful Guardian
- Analysis of The Lost One