This is an analysis of the poem Drumnotes that begins with:
Days of the dead men, Danny.
Drum for the dead, drum on your...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXb XcdXdXXXdcXcXab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,15,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001110 1101111 01001 1011101 01010011 100011111 0111 11001101010 100010010 1011001101 0101101110 101111011 1010 110110100100 001001 100110 11101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 184
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Drumnotes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.