This is an analysis of the poem Band Concert that begins with:
Band concert public square Nebraska city. Flowing and circling dresses, summer-white dresses. Faces, flesh tints flung like sprays of cherry...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101010101100101011010111110101011011101000101000100101 111110111101010101110101010101100100101110101010111010011010 10110011111011011000111101001000110100101101010101101010100101 0111001110100110101111010110111101110010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 225
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 225 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 37
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, dresses, gigglers, knows, in, god, white, summer are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Band Concert;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.