This is an analysis of the poem Among The Red Guns that begins with:
Among the red guns,
In the hearts of soldiers...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbB aaacB aabcaa aBXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,6,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011 001010 1011 001101 111 0101010 001010 1000111 01110 111 010110 001010 1011010 10101110 011111 0101110110 1 111 1001111 10111101 100110111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word dreams is repeated.
The author used the same word among at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word on at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase dreams connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Among The Red Guns;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.