This is an analysis of the poem Søfuglen that begins with:
Hvide Søfugl, stands din Flugt,
Nærm Du Dig til denne Bugt....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXaXX bbXXXX XccXXX aXdXXX XXXXXX XdXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111 101111 100111 1010101 11010 10111 1011101 1010101 1001101 1110101 10101100 110110 11111 111110011 1011101 111111 111111 111100 1100111 11111111 10110 1100111 100101 111110010 1110111 1111111 101101 111111 111011111 111101 1001101 11111111 11111 1110100 10111101 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du, rer are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words naar, lad are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines n, rer are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Søfuglen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.