This is an analysis of the poem Presences that begins with:
I HAVE seen women weave
Their delicate way through the gloaming,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba cccc dede ffgg X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 110011010 11111110 00111001 11001001 11010011 110010010 1001001 1011101 010101 1101011 110011 1101011 101001 1110111 11011101 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, thy are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Presences;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.