This is an analysis of the poem Genesis Bk Iv that begins with:
ll. 169-191) ....It did not seem good to the Lord of heaven that
Adam should longer be alone as warden and keeper of this new...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdecbXefdcce ege hfidechX j digjeiaXeXadeekabkXj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,3,8,1,20,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111001100010101 10110001110110001 101100010101111 1001001110110100 11111101010101 1001101001111010 101011111101111 10101101010110 0100101101101001 10010110000111010 1101100100101010 101011110100010 010000111111101010 0101110101 11110101101101 1111111111110 1 111110110111011 0111011110111 10101001111010101 010010100110100 10101010100111110 101111011011101 01110110111 010110011010 100111110 1111111001000110 0100110010101011 10101010101110 101000010101001 1011011101101 100101010110011 10011001101110 10101100100110 110010101111011 100011101010100 1110110001010001 01010101111110 10101111101011 101101010101011 10001010001010010 100101010101101 0100010011100111 11001111010 1001111001110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 450
- Average number of words per stanza: 82
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 59 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, he, from, and, land are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word ll at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines in, and are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Genesis Bk Iv;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.