This is an analysis of the poem Los Heraldos Negros that begins with:
Hay golpes en la vida, tan fuertes...¡Yo no sé!
Golpes como del odio de Dios; como si ante ellos,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXa XXXX bXXX XXXbXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110110011 10101100101011010 11000101100 1110001110111 1101011010100 11101101111011 111110010100 1110010111011 111110100110110 01001010011100100 1010100111110000 0111111011011110 111011111010 101111011010100 1110101101100 11100101001011010 1101110110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de is repeated.
The author used the same word son at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Los Heraldos Negros;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.