This is an analysis of the poem Every Death Is Magic From The Enemy To Be Avenged that begins with:
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX aXabbccdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11111110101 11 1101011101101 11011101011 1101100101 1110100100111 110111010101 1111001111 11010101011101 11011011101 0101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 268
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines god is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Every Death Is Magic From The Enemy To Be Avenged;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.