This is an analysis of the poem Remembering Snow that begins with:
I did not sleep last night.
The falling snow was beautiful and white....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccdcceefbffafaacfdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 0101110011 111101 110101 11111101 11010111 011111101 110100001 1111101001 1111101 111111101 01010101001 0101010101 11111 1111110001 01010101 011101 11111101011 01011101 1110001 01011101 110011010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 779
- Average number of words per stanza: 147
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Remembering Snow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Brian Patten
- Analysis of Geography Lesson
- Analysis of Nor The Sun Its Selling Power
- Analysis of Doubt Shall Not Make An End Of You