This is an analysis of the poem The Weeping Garden that begins with:
It’s terrible! – all drip and listening.
Whether, as ever, it’s loneliness,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXB cXbd acac abaBXadad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100111100 101100100 1001111010 1100110010 1101010 101101100 110110010 111001001 1111010 010011010 00100110 0101011 11011100 101101100 11010110 1100110010 11011100 1001111 10101010 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; s is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Weeping Garden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.