This is an analysis of the poem From Early Dawn The Thirtieth Of April... that begins with:
From early dawn the thirtieth of April
Is given up to children of the town,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb bded fbXb egXg dhdX eccX efXf didi Xaha
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01010100010 0101010001 11010101010 11010101001 11010101010 0101010101 01010101110 1110010101 01010111110 1010010001 01110100010 1100010101 11000101010 1101010010 11010001010 11010010101 11101101010 0101011111 11010101010 0111010101 11010101010 0101010101 01111100010 1011010111 10111101110 0101000101 11010111010 0100110001 01010101010 01010101001 11111100111 0101010101 01010101010 0100011101 01010000010 0101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 167
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, in, more, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word of is repeated.
The author used the same word just at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of From Early Dawn The Thirtieth Of April...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Boris Pasternak
- Analysis of From A Poem
- Analysis of I Hang Limp On The Creator's Pen
- Analysis of Humble Home. But Rum, And Charcoal...