This is an analysis of the poem After The Interval that begins with:
About three months ago, when first
Upon our open, unprotected...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd cece aefe fgfgXdede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01110111 011101010 11010111 010101010 11111101 100101010 01010111 0100101010 11011101 1111001100 11010111 011101010 11010111 110101110 10010001 011111110 11011101 010101010 11010101 110110110 11111101 111111010 01010111 010101010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of After The Interval;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.