This is an analysis of the poem For Three Whose Reflex Was Yes that begins with:
Nobody I know is a god. A mother and son
fall into the river's million hands, the river's ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcdXadeacfgbbefhXgghX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 23,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100101011 100010101010 111111010100 1011101111 1100111110 0110010101 1010000101010010 100101001010 1110110101 101010010110 0101101010101 010111101110 111100010010101 01100110111 1110101101 110111010011 00100101101 1010010101110 1100111011 0010101101 01010111101 010110110010 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1133
- Average number of words per stanza: 200
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, their are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of For Three Whose Reflex Was Yes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Bob Hicok
- Analysis of In Michael Robins’s Class Minus One
- Analysis of Report From The Black Box
- Analysis of Feeling The Draft