This is an analysis of the poem Spring Night that begins with:
IN the wondrous star-sown night,
In the first sweet warmth of spring,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbXcXcadddXeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010111 00111001 1101110 010111 1101001 100101 01001010 100111 110101 00111001 101110010 00101001 1111001 10101001 01001010 00101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 470
- Average number of words per stanza: 92
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Spring Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.