This is an analysis of the poem Rivers Of Canada that begins with:
O all the little rivers that run to Hudson's Bay,
They call me and call me to follow them away.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddee ff Xc bb gX hh Xa ee aa ii gg Xi jj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101010110101 111111010001 1000101010101111 101100110001 1101010010001 1111010110111 101100101010001 111010111010011 1101010010101 111111010001 111000110011 11110101110001 010110000110100 11001010110101 11010111010001 1001010111010111 1100111011011 11010001101010 1101110110001 1111110010101 0100110111101 11110101110001 0101010010101 01010101010101 11010101010110 1101010110001 1101010110101 1000110110101 0111110110111 11010101100101 1011000110100 11110111111101 1101010110101 11111101001
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, of, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rivers Of Canada;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Bliss William Carman
- Analysis of In The House Of Idiedaily
- Analysis of I Loved Thee, Atthis, In The Long Ago
- Analysis of The Givers Of Life