This is an analysis of the poem Lockerbie Street that begins with:
For The Brthday Of James Whitcomb Riley, October 7, 1914
LOCKERBIE STREET is a little street,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcbddeeffaaABcbgghhiiaaABabiicXiiaaABibbbiijjaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 49,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101101001011 100100101 1111 10111001001 0111 0100100101 10111101 010110101 11111001 10110100111 1011100101 1101101011 1111001001 100100101 10111 101110111 1011 110010101 110111111 10010011 0010010100 10101001 11000101101 110110101 1001001001 100100101 10111 010011101 00101 0110101001 10111111 111111101 10110101010 00110100101 1101111111 10111111 1011101001 100100101 10111 110010101 01011 0100101111 110101111 111101101 101101001 100110111 0100110101 100101111 11101001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1774
- Average number of words per stanza: 337
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, street are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines street is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lockerbie Street;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.