This is an analysis of the poem Hack And Hew that begins with:
Hack ad Hew were the sons of God
In the earlier earth than now:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb Xcdc eaXa ebfb ggeX bXag agcX cgdgXabfb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11100101 00100111 110111101 00111101 11111111 1110111 111011100 10101111 110110101 110101 1101011001 0110101 110110111 0101111 0100100101 1010101 1101111001 1101101 110111001 10111101 1101111011 11111010 11010101 1110110 111110111 1110111 11100110011 1010101 110101001 0011101 011010100 1010111 10111001 1011001 010010101 10100101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 143
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, they, ' are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, they are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hack And Hew;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.