This is an analysis of the poem An April Morning that begins with:
ONCE more in misted April
The world is growing green.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabbcbXdbdbbcbaaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010 010101 0101010 010111 0101011 010101 1100011 010101 01001010 011101 1101011 110101 0101111 1011001 0111110 0101010 1011010 110101 0101000 110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 551
- Average number of words per stanza: 92
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of An April Morning;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.