This is an analysis of the poem A Vagabond Song that begins with:
There is something in the autumn that is native to my blood—
Touch of manner, hint of mood;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd XXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101000101010011 1010101 1110101 001010101010101 0100010111101 010101 1110101 01010101010101 101000101010110 1111100 10100101 1111110011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Vagabond Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.