This is an analysis of the poem Youth that begins with:
Mood of youth,
Mood of youth,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAbbbAAcccAAddeeAAaeeAAAAff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 27,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 101 1011101 1000101 1010111 101 101 1111101 10111110 1011101 101 101 1110101 0010101 10111010 00101010 101 101 1011101 10111110 101011010 101 101 101 101 10101010 10111010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 695
- Average number of words per stanza: 123
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, youth are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words mood, blood, dream, joy are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines youth is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Youth;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.