This is an analysis of the poem The Day Of Sunshine that begins with:
It was such a lovely sunshine-day,
The house and the yard couldn't hold me;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAaabb Xc AAaacc de AAaaee db AAaaXX fg AAaaaaXfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,2,6,2,6,2,6,2,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 011010111 011011011 11000111111 01001011 11011111 011110111 11111001001 101101110111 011010111 011011011 0111111111 11111011 111100101 0100111011 11110111100110 1111010 011010111 011011011 1100111111 11001011 111011111 0110110111 1111010111110 1110100 011010111 011011011 1110111101 11001011 111111111 1101110010110 1001101110011 1001110101011 011010111 011011011 1100100101 11011011 010111111 011010111011 11111111010 01110110111
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase it connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Day Of Sunshine;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.