This is an analysis of the poem The Angels Of Sleep that begins with:
Asleep the child fell
When night cast its spell;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AabbcX ddAaee ffAacX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011 11101 01011 01011 011010010110 111111111110 01101 01011 01011 11101 110110110110 010111010110 01000 11001 01011 11111 110010110010 011110111110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 212
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Angels Of Sleep;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.