This is an analysis of the poem Secret Love that begins with:
He gloomily sat by the wall,
As gaily she danced with them all....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabB ccddbB XXddbB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001101 11011001 01011 110011 010011010 101111010 11001111 11101011 01011 11111 011110110 101111010 101110010 11111111 01101 01111 011011110 101111010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 197
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word comprehending at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Secret Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson
- Analysis of Sung For Norway's Riflemen
- Analysis of The Bier Of Precentor A. Reitan
- Analysis of The Blonde Maiden