This is an analysis of the poem Post Festum that begins with:
A man in coat of ice arrayed
Stood up once by the Arctic Ocean;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba XXXX bbbb cddX aeea bccX Xccff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 111101010 011101010 11000101 01101101 110001110 110101110 01010111 01011101 010101010 110000110 01110101 111101011 011100010 111101010 11110111 01010110 010101010 110101010 11011101 11011011 110101010 110111010 11010100 101 1101 11010101 111101110 111101010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word a at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ', it are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Post Festum;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.