This is an analysis of the poem Open Water! that begins with:
Open water, open water!
All the weary winter's yearning...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Abbcc Adddd AXaee AbbffXAaabb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 10101010 10101010 10101010 101011010 10101010 10111010 10101010 111011000 10101110 10101010 11001000 10101010 10111010 11111010 10101010 10101010 10111110 10101110 10101010 10101010 100111010 10101010 10101010 10111010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 159
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Open Water!;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.