This is an analysis of the poem Lector Thaasen that begins with:
I read once of a flower that lonely grew,
Apart, with trembling stem and pale of hue;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbc ddeef ffaac eeggc hhiiX ggjjg ggiij ffffX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100101101 01010011101 01010111 1101 11010 01000101001 1101101100 11010101 0111 01010 1111110001 1100010111 1001110101 0101 11010 1001011101 01010110001 11110101 0101 01110 0101110111 0101110111 01011101 0101 01010 1101001101 1111011101 01010101 0111 01011 1101010111 0101011101 01001111 1101 01010 1111010101 11010110111 01010111 0101 01110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Lector Thaasen;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.