This is an analysis of the poem Landfall that begins with:
And that was Olaf Trygvason,
Going o'er the North Sea grim,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabb Xcdcee XdXdcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110100 10100111 110111010 110101 1011010 1111010110 11110100 1011111 100101010 110101 0101010 1010011110 11110100 1010101 101111010 1011001 1011010 1110011010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Landfall;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.